HSE Specialist ( Nights)
HSE Specialist ( Nights)
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, is seeking an Entry Level HSE Specialist in Pleasanton, TX. The Ideal candidate will be highly motivated individual with great attention to detail. This position is a paid training position and all training to become a Certified Occupational Safety and Health official is Paid for by CMS.
The ideal candidate must have solid organizational skills and should be able to work in a fast-paced professional environment.
The schedule 12 hr. shifts 5 on 2 off, night shift is available starting pay is $54,000.
We offer excellent benefits after 60 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, up to $15k in company paid life, Short and Long Term Disability, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and a 401K with a company match.
Duties & Responsibilities: After Training
- Orientate employees both old and new on health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Coordinate scheduling and implementation of regulatory compliance training and assisting in the facilitation when needed.
- Conduct regulatory inspections in the assigned areas and on work sites.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents, injuries and incidents.
- Disseminate health safety and environmental information to operational management
- Familiarize managers and supervisors with all governmental regulations which impact their areas of responsibility and assist in the interpretation, application and implementation of the regulations.
- Know and understand Chalk Mountain Services (CMS) policies and comply with all requirements including employee handbooks, operations and technical procedures.
- Regularly provide statistical data and trend analysis to operations as determined by CMS.
- Assist operational management in the preparation and presentation of safety meeting and safety training topics.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain site specific safety and environmental programs such as; hazard communication, control of hazard energy, emergency response plans and spill control and counter measures and any other regulatory required programs or plans.
- Carry our work assignments to the highest level of quality.
- Maintain and improve regulatory knowledge in the fields of safety and environmental regulations and processes.
- 75% Travel to work sites and other company locations.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor and within the physical constraints of the job.
- Management Experience a Plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; particularly Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Good at problem-solving
- Ability to follow established protocol for systems and process in place
- Extremely detail oriented regarding paperwork produced