Chalk Mountain Services of Texas is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas extraction industry. The company is based in Mansfield, TX.
The company has multiple operating locations, supported by a centralized, shared services finance team. A Staff Accountant is required to support this team.
- Maintain the company’s General Ledger
- Calculate month end accruals, prepayments and other closing entries
- Post month end journal entries and reconcile accounts
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Act as MS Dynamics GP super-user
- Maintain the company’s report in GP, undertake period end routines and develop new reports when needed
- Support production of financial statements and management reports
- Manage calculations and returns for miscellaneous taxes and fees
- Work with the payroll team to ensure payroll transactions and deductions are correctly accounted for and remitted
- Prepare schedules and generally support the annual external audit
- Process AP invoices using AP Automation software and MS Dynamics GP
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Support corporate credit card users/program
- Perform Vendor Set Up tasks
- Such other assignments as the company may require from time to time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus, together with 0-2 years of professional experience in accounting and finance. Strong technical skills required, including current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with MS Dynamics GP considered a plus. Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel (Pivot Table and V-Look ups) required.
Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail.
Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors, consultants and other business partners. Ability to speak effectively in group settings.