Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC (“Chalk”) is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas extraction industry. The Company is based in Mansfield, TX.
The Company is currently engaged in a substantial upgrade of back office processes and financial reporting systems. This will provide enhanced management reports and a high-quality budgeting and forecasting capability. The vendor selection process is progressing for a market leading Corporate Performance Management (“CPM”) suite. Consistent with these system enhancements, the Company is recruiting a Financial Analyst, who will enable the team to maximize the benefits from these new tools.
- Become a super-user of the new CPM suite
- Develop financial and management reports to meet the needs of the business. Continue to enhance reporting as requirements change
- Maintain and distribute the various reporting package templates for ownership and management
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required
- Create budgeting and forecasting models for the Company using the CPM
- Prepare forecasts as required by the Company
- Manage the annual budget process
- Review business performance and look for trends and other indicators to bring to management’s attention
- Review the accuracy of data underpinning the reports, identify opportunities to improve data collection and accuracy
- Analyze payroll and benefits trends, coordinate with Payroll and Human Resources to ensure accurate payroll reporting
- Such other assignments as the Company may require from time to time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred, together with 3-6 years of professional experience in accounting and financial planning and analysis. Proven analytical depth and strong technical skills required, including current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with Vena, Planful or similar CPM software considered a plus. Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel (Pivot Table and V-Look ups) and PowerPoint required.
Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail.
Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors, consultants and other business partners. Ability to speak effectively in group settings.