Divisional Safety Manager
Divisional Safety Manager
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Mansfield, TX and is currently adding a Divisional Safety Manager at the terminal in Kermit, TX.
The Divisional Safety Manager will be responsible for the implementation and improvement of the safety program within an assigned division. The position will direct the activities of both field and operational staff to ensure compliance with safety policies and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates safety compliance activities through the implementation of Chalk Mountain Services programs and systems.
- Advises and supports leadership in safety matters.
- Assures operational excellence regarding safety performance and compliance by controlling risk.
- Works closely with and/or directs operational staff to address safety issues and drive program implementation.
- Promotes a culture of continual improvement.
- Monitors compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; conformance to safety systems and programs and safety performance using leading and lagging indicators.
- Audits performance and compliance with safety programs and systems communicating findings and corrective actions to senior management.
- Supports management in resolving and closing out corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintains current technical and business expertise including, staying current on Federal, State, Local and industry regulations and ensuring that Chalk Mountain Services is compliant with regulations.
- Reviews safety programs to ensure compliance with regulations and effectiveness.
- Identify new programs or changes to existing programs and systems and make recommendations to senior management.
- Conduct on-site safety audits
- Manage Chalk Mountain Services incident and accident investigation program and workers compensation program.
- Liaison with Federal, State and Local regulators including participation in any inspections, response to all inquiries or findings levied against Chalk Mountain Services.
- Maintain personal compliance with company safety policies.
- Effectively manage, educate and utilize operational staff.
- Liaison with Chalk Mountain Services customers to ensure effective working relations.
- Participate in industry peer groups such as; STEPS, API, AESC, etc.
- Ensure Driver Qualification files are complete and updated as required by FMCSA rules and regulations
- Conduct and/or participate in shift change meetings
- 5 years of direct experience in occupational health, safety, environmental and DOT management.
- Experience with oilfield completion, production and disposal well operations.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, TCEQ, and DOT regulations and API standards.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in technical writing, presentations and training.
- Proficient in computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong management and leaderships skills.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, able to handle multiple projects.
- Keen investigative, auditing, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Experience in leadership principles, behavior based safety, human relations, personnel supervision and team building.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Strong interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office Programs, excellent communication skills, and good organizational skills.