Yard Coordinator-Kermit, TX
Yard Coordinator-Kermit, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Mansfield, TX and is currently hiring a Yard Coordinator for it's yard in Mentone, TX.
The Yard Coordinator will assist the Yard Manager in overseeing the yard to ensure the following duties are properly executed.
- Supervises the loading, unloading, moving or storing items according to delivery or routing documents or supervisor's instructions
- Supervising drivers and mechanics on the yard and ensuring the safe and timely delivery of product to customers.
- Hours of Service compliance, monitoring attendance, communicating with maintenance staff regarding equipment repairs and with customers regarding delivery issues.
- Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Reinforce daily safe work practices and assist with the delivery of safety topics. facility associates to include coaching, performance evaluation and adherence to assigned work instructions.
- Maintains safe working environment
- Reviews accuracy of worksheets or tickets from customer specifications
- Adherence to all company, federal and state rules, policies and safety regulations
- Will be required to work a twelve hour, rotating night shift, weekends and holidays
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Must be able to operate a forklift, 2+ years of yard management experience, the ability to pass criminal background check, MVR and drug screen.
Language Ability: Ability to read and write in English; read and comprehend safety instructions and materials.
Math Ability: Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, define and solve problems, respond to rapidly changing circumstances.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); internet software
Certificates and Licenses: None Required
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job will be responsible for supervising yard associates.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, gases, dust and fumes. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold and other moderate to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.