Safety Specialist-Kermit, TX
Safety Specialist-Kermit, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Mansfield, TX and is currently adding a Safety Specialist at the terminal in Kermit, TX.
Position would be responsible for administering, implementing and interpreting the CMS Safety & Environmental programs and systems. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to maintain and effective program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate scheduling and implementation of regulatory compliance training and assisting in the facilitation when needed.
- Conduct regulatory inspections in the assigned areas and on work sites.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents, injuries and incidents.
- Disseminate health safety and environmental information to operational management.
- Familiarize managers and supervisors with all governmental regulations which impact their areas of responsibility and assist in the interpretation, application and implementation of the regulations.
- Know and understand Chalk Mountain Services (CMS) policies and comply with all requirements including employee handbooks, operations and technical procedures.
- Regularly provide statistical data and trend analysis to operations as determined by CMS.
- Assist operational management in the preparation and presentation of safety meeting and safety training topics.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain site specific safety and environmental programs such as; hazard communication, control of hazard energy, emergency response plans and spill control and counter measures and any other regulatory required programs or plans.
- Carry our work assignments to the highest level of quality.
- Maintain and improve regulatory knowledge in the fields of safety and environmental regulations and processes.
- 50% Travel to worksites and other company locations.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor and within the physical constraints of the job.
- Conduct employee training.
- Facilitate the new hire orientation training including, but not limited to, classroom, hands-on, virtual/Computer Based Training (CBT), and driver-to-driver programs.
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (online, in-person, virtual, mentoring/coaching, professional development, on the job training, etc.)
- Marketing available training opportunities to employees and providing necessary information
- Training subject matter experts on preferred delivery methods and assess instructional effectiveness to determine impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Communicate with supervisors to identify training needs and mapping out development plans.
- Should be familiar with different delivery methods and educational materials.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records as requested from Training Manager
- Maintain in-house training facilities and required equipment
- Perform Smith System Driver Training as needed
- Partner with Safety, Operations and Human Resources initiatives to ensure training programs are consistent with Company culture and operational activity
- Ability to assess driving skills and rate drivers
- Provide input in designing and developing training programs to maintain interest, ensure compliance and maximize retention, particularly for the driving education experience
- Teach driver refresher training, document and make recommendations to determine the competency and readiness of drivers
- Communicate progress of trainees to Training Manager
- Assist Training Manager with driver trainers on new processes and process changes as needed by the organization
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); strong communication skills, demonstrated problem solving skills, formulate solutions under pressure, the ability to pass criminal background check, MVR and hair follicle drug screen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, gas, dust and fumes. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold and other moderate to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.