IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Mansfield, TX and is currently adding an IT Support Technician.
The Technical Support Analyst will provide a wide range of support to computer and mobile device internal customers through our various terminals, corporate office and data center. In addition to triage and resolution, the analyst will be involved in the purchase, setup, configuration, and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Support requests will be entered and tracked using a ticket and asset management system. The position will support a broad range of technologies including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, basic network infrastructure, VOIP phone systems, A/V, and multiple software systems ranging from Microsoft products to fully customized systems. The position will require outstanding customer service and communication, strong diagnostic skills and attention to detail with a constant focus on system and network security. This position reports to the VP of Technology.
- Provides outstanding customer service
- Manages incoming calls, emails and/or MS Teams messages requests for support and logs tickets in the tracking system, triage, resolve and follow up on customer satisfaction
- Maintains asset inventory through data entry and tagging
- Troubleshoots and repair hardware as needed
- Assists with user account setup, changes, deactivations including on-boarding assistance and initial training
- Monitors, analyzes, and responds to various reports and alerts to ensure continuous operation of critical systems
- Manages Help Desk tickets in a timely manner
- Escalates issues to the next tier of support as needed
- Works with other members of the team to resolve more complex issues
- Documents and reports all service requests from creation to resolution
- Performs other responsibilities as appropriate and assigned by the VP of Technology
- Supports I.M.A.C. (Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes) of software and hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, VOIP phones, network infrastructure components and mobile devices
- Works with external vendors related to services, orders, and repairs
- Travels occasionally (up to 25%) including extended overnight stays to various locations
- Supports the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support
- Assists with A/V setup for monitors and televisions including presentation environments and web-conferencing
- Runs and terminates network cables in compliance with facility standards
- Installs and maintains video surveillance systems
- Updates digital signage content
- Generates reports out of various systems as needed
- Microsoft Windows 10, 7 Professional & Home
- Microsoft Office 365; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- VOIP phone systems
- iOS & Android operating systems
- Basic knowledge of network hardware including firewalls, routers, access points, bridges, switches, and patch panels
- Willing to supporting a 24/7 environment on a rotating schedule
- Available to work regular overtime as approved and needed
- Detail oriented, highly organized and effective time management
- Problem solver with the ability to diagnose and resolve technology issues
- Experience with MacOS a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic to user needs
- Strong sense of urgency
- Pride in completing tasks and meeting deadlines
- A can-do attitude
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- A+ Certification or other similar Microsoft certifications a plus
Desirable Systems Experience
- Help Desk ticketing systems
- Samsara fleet management software
- Meraki switches, firewalls and access points
- Sophos or any other virus protector software
- Apple DEP, Airwatch
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Understand and adhere to all company, federal and state rules, policies and safety regulations. May be required to work hours outside normal work schedule. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 Years related experience in Computer technology, strong communication skills, demonstrated problem solving skills, formulate solutions under pressure, the ability to pass criminal background check, MVR and drug screen.
Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, define and solve problems, respond to rapidly changing circumstances, problem solving skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of what is normally found in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Some work in the field may be required in outside environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.