Diesel Technician-Mentone, TX
Diesel Technician-Mentone, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Fort Worth, TX and is currently adding a Diesel Technician at the terminal near Mentone, TX.
The Diesel Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, inspections, diagnostic test and repairs on company owned equipment to ensure safety.
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures
- Identify and diagnose malfunctions
- Read and interpret operating manuals, drawings and diagnostic test results by using dials, gauges, and other computer equipment
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts, such as bearings, pistons, gears, brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions and engines
- Perform routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Adherence to all company, federal and state rules, policies and safety regulations
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and nights as required for the position
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3 years of experience working on heavy trucks and diesel engines, must possess or have access to the necessary hand tools to work on heavy trucks and diesel engines, the ability to pass drug test, criminal background investigation and no more than three moving violations within the last three years on a MVR.
Language and Math Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Cummins, Eaton, Bendix & PACCAR Diagnostic software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, gases, dust, fumes, and heights. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold and other moderate to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.