Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC (“Chalk”) is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas extraction industry. The Company is based in Fort Worth, TX and is currently hiring an Accounting Manager.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: billing/accounts receivable, general ledger, and fixed assets
- Prepare complex accounting adjustments to be reviewed by the VP Controller
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform and review account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing wire transfers and other treasury functions
- Help with annual audit activities and support other audits
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- A combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP, Planful, DocStar).
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently.
Communication: Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management, vendors, consultants and other business partners. Ability to speak effectively in group settings.