Application Developer/Business Analyst
Application Developer/Business Analyst
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is based in Fort Worth, Texas and is currently hiring an Application Developer/Business Analyst to join our team.
This position would join Chalk Mountain Services and help build our development team with a role emphasis on software engineering. This exciting growth opportunity shall act with an existing 3rd party development team focused on in-house application design. Responsible for implementing new features, working with stakeholders to understand and gather requirements and troubleshooting production bugs among other tasks. This opportunity is highly visible and plays a major role in advancing Chalk Mountain Services.
- Manage project tasks with urgency and purpose, demonstrate initiative.
- Consistently deliver high quality work that fully addresses the intended criteria, goals and objectives.
- Deconstruct complex technical challenges to ensure actionable plans and progress.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written form to stakeholders, team members, and leaders.
You will be working in office and occasionally traveling to remote locations in Texas to understand the business and develop solutions to critical logistic issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Above all else you’re an engineer and you solve problems through applied software development. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact at a company.
- You designed, developed, and tested software in the past.
- You worked in a fast-paced, agile environment. Working as part of a distributed engineering team doesn’t scare you.
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re able to grasp new technical concepts and apply new skills.
- You documented technical processes and software that you developed.
- You’re a strong communicator, with ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a technical audience.
- You’re a self-starter and are comfortable analyzing, researching, and debugging code and environment challenges.
- 2-4 years of strong, demonstrable experience working as a software developer.
- At least 2 years of working experience using Python.
- Exposure to C#/Java and SQL.
- Exposure and working knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar area of study.
- Experience developing automation and testing frameworks or utilities.
- Experience developing mobile applications.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret general office documents, correspondence and procedure manuals, ability to write routine reports and correspondence, strong written and verbal communication skills. All documents are written and communicated in English.
Math Ability: Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, define and solve problems, respond to rapidly changing circumstances, problem solving skills.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of what is normally found in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.