Safety Rack Attendant
Safety Rack Attendant
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The Company is currently hiring a Safety Rack Attendant for it's west Texas operations.
The Safety Rack Attendant will work to contribute to the successful operation of a sand loading facility. This requires working with equipment as needed to ensure trailer hatches are properly opened and closed. This position requires constant lifting, moving, and manipulating equipment into place to facilitate the safe opening/closing of pneumatic and gravity sand trailer hatches.
- Previous oil field or general labor experience (or experience in related area) preferred
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to adherence to all company, federal and state rules, policies, and safety regulations
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with long hours, weekends, nights, and some holidays as necessary
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, sand, and noisy conditions
- Ability to lift and move heavy materials and equipment
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, climb, kneel, lift and other manual exertions for 12 hours
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year of experience working in the Oil field environment preferred. The ability to pass drug test, criminal background investigation and hold a valid driver’s license with no more than one moving violations within the last three years on an MVR.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, gases, dust, fumes, and heights. The employee will be exposed to outdoor elements on a consistent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Working conditions will be consistent with a normal oil and gas or trucking environment.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers, vendors, or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to define and solve problems.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.