Application Development Manager
Application Development Manager
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The company is based in Fort Worth, TX and is currently hiring for an Application Development Manager.
The Application Development Manager will be joining Chalk Mountain Services in a position to help build our development. This is an exciting growth opportunity that will act with an existing 3rd party development team focused on in-house application design. You will be responsible for implementing new features, working with stakeholders to understand and gather requirements and troubleshooting production bugs among other tasks. This opportunity is highly visible and plays a major role in advancing Chalk Mountain Services. You will be working in our Fort Worth offices and occasionally traveling to remote locations in Texas to understand the business and develop solutions to critical logistic issues.
What you will do
- Build a team of in-house application developers
- Work with 3rd party developers to continue to build internal business applications.
- Manage project tasks with urgency and purpose, demonstrate initiative.
- Consistently deliver high quality work that fully addresses the intended criteria, goals, and objectives.
- Deconstruct complex technical challenges to ensure actionable plans and progress.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in written form to stakeholders, team members, and leaders.
- Coach and lead one or more global engineering teams, driving its technical strategy and roadmap, crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company
- Forge strong partnerships with product management and other key areas of the business to design and communicate product roadmaps.
- Lead and facilitate cross-team interactions, communication, and dependencies.
- Lead the engineering team through the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof products.
- Empower your direct reports with knowledge and opportunities to grow in their careers.
What you are good at
- Above all else you’re an engineer and you solve problems through applied software development. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact at a company.
- You designed, developed, and tested software in the past.
- You worked in a fast-paced, agile environment. Working as part of a distributed engineering team doesn’t scare you.
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re able to grasp new technical concepts and apply new skills.
- You documented technical processes and software that you developed.
- You’re a strong communicator, with ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a technical audience.
- You’re a self-starter and are comfortable analyzing, researching, and debugging code and environment challenges.
What you will bring to the team
- 5+ years leading software development teams.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available customer facing services.
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- A history of delivering mission critical APIs. Familiarity with connected vehicles or similar technology is a plus.
- Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment tooling and processes.
- Python Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience