Safety Specialist-Kermit, TX
Safety Specialist-Kermit, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is a rapidly growing company providing transportation and logistics services to the oil and gas industry. The company is based in Fort Worth, TX and is currently adding a Safety Specialist for our west Texas operations.
This position will be responsible for administering, implementing and interpreting the CMS Safety & Environmental programs and systems. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to maintain and effective program.
- Coordinate scheduling and implementation of regulatory compliance training and assisting in the facilitation when needed.
- Conduct regulatory inspections in the assigned areas and on work sites.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents, injuries and incidents.
- Disseminate health safety and environmental information to operational management.
- Familiarize managers and supervisors with all governmental regulations, which impact their areas of responsibility and assist in the interpretation, application and implementation of the regulations.
- Know and understand Chalk Mountain Services (CMS) policies and comply with all requirements including employee handbooks, operations and technical procedures.
- Regularly provide statistical data and trend analysis to operations as determined by CMS.
- Assist operational management in the preparation and presentation of safety meeting and safety training topics.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain site-specific safety and environmental programs such as; hazard communication, control of hazard energy, emergency response plans and spill control and counter measures and any other regulatory required programs or plans.
- Carry our work assignments to the highest level of quality.
- Maintain and improve regulatory knowledge in the fields of safety and environmental regulations and processes.
- 50% Travel to worksites and other company locations.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor and within the physical constraints of the job.
- Conduct employee training.
- Facilitate the new hire orientation training including, but not limited to, classroom, hands-on, virtual/Computer Based Training (CBT), and driver-to-driver programs.
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (online, in-person, virtual, mentoring/coaching, professional development, on the job training, etc.)
- Marketing available training opportunities to employees and providing necessary information
- Training subject matter experts on preferred delivery methods and assess instructional effectiveness to determine impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Communicate with supervisors to identify training needs and mapping out development plans.
- Should be familiar with different delivery methods and educational materials.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records as requested from Training Manager
- Maintain in-house training facilities and required equipment
- Perform Smith System Driver Training as needed
- Partner with Safety, Operations and Human Resources initiatives to ensure training programs are consistent with Company culture and operational activity
- Ability to assess driving skills and rate drivers
- Provide input in designing and developing training programs to maintain interest, ensure compliance and maximize retention, particularly for the driving education experience
- Teach driver refresher training, document and make recommendations to determine the competency and readiness of drivers
- Communicate progress of trainees to Training Manager
- Assist Training Manager with driver trainers on new processes and process changes as needed by the organization
- Ability to travel as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in technical writing, presentations and training.
- Proficient in computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, able to handle multiple projects.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Strong interpersonal skills; Excellent communication skills; Good organization skills, and the ability to pass pre-employment drug test, criminal background investigation and no more than one moving violations within the last three years on a MVR.