Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, a "World Class Transportation Leader in the Oilfield Services Industry", is seeking Health Safety & Environmental Manager in West Texas Operations. Administer, implement and interpret the CMS Safety & Environmental programs and systems. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to maintain an effective program. The ideal candidate must have supervisory experience in an HSE position.
We offer excellent benefits after 60 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, up to $15k in company paid life, Short and Long Term Disability 401k with company match.
Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, after 90 days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Directs and coordinates Health Safety and Environmental compliance activities through the implementation of Chalk Mountain Services programs and systems.
2) Advises and supports CMS management in Health Safety and Environmental matters.
3) Assures operational excellence in HSE performance and compliance by controlling HSE risks.
4) Works closely with managers to address HSE issues and drive program implementation.
5) Promotes organizations safety culture and ensures the effective implementation of the safety program.
6) Responsible for the day-to-day activities and professional development of the local HSE Specialists.
7) Regularly Communicates with CMS employees through presentations during shift change meetings, quarterly safety meetings and other special safety communications.
8) Monitors compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; conformance to HSE systems and programs and HSE performance using leading and lagging indicators.
9) Audit performance and compliance with HSE programs and systems communicating findings and corrective actions to senior management.
10) Supports Operations and Field management in resolving and closing out corrective and preventative actions.
11) Maintains current technical and business expertise including maintaining current knowledge on Federal, State,Local and industry regulations and ensure that Chalk Mountain Services is compliant with regulations.
12) Review HSE programs to ensure compliance with regulations and effectiveness.
13) Identify new health and safety programs or changes to existing programs and systems and make recommendations to senior management.
14) Conduct on-site HSE audits
15) Manage Chalk Mountain Services incident investigation program and workers compensation program.
16) Liaison with Federal, State and Local regulators including participation in any inspections, response to all inquiries or findings levied against Chalk Mountain Services.
17) Maintain personal compliance with company HSE policies.
18) Effectively manage, educate and utilize HSE Staff
19) Liaison with Chalk Mountain Services customers to ensure effective working relations.
20) Participate in industry peer groups such as; STEPS, API, AESC, etc.
1. 5 years direct experience in occupational health, safety and environmental management.
2. Experience with oilfield completion, production and disposal well operations.
3. Working knowledge of OSHA, TCEQ, and DOT regulations and API standards.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
5. Ability to travel as required.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to speak in public and ability to express their views to superiors.
7. Proficient in technical writing, presentations and training.
8. Proficient in computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Smartsheets).
9. Strong management and leaderships skills.
10. Self-motivated,goal oriented, able to handle multiple projects.
11. Keen investigative, auditing, facilitation and problem solving skills.
12. Experience in leadership principles, behavior based safety, human relations, personnel supervision and team building.
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Strong Interpersonal skills
3. Microsoft office programs
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Good Organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time