Shared Services Manager
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC (“Chalk”) is a leader in transportation and logistics servicing the oil and gas extraction industry. The Company is based in Fort Worth, TX and is currently hiring a Shared Services Manager.
This position is responsible for the corporate billing and accounts receivable functions and managing the accounts payable team. This position will work closely with the Accounting Manager, VP/Controller, CFO, and other Executive and department leaders to ensure timely and accurate customer billings and vendor payments. This position is also responsible for managing the Corporate Credit Card and Employee Expense Reporting processes to ensure they are properly coded and authorized prior to payment.
- Manages and reviews work performed by AP/AR team members to ensure timely and accurate completion of the assigned responsibilities.
- Reviews weekly AP check disbursements and ACH payment runs and ensures positive pay files are uploaded to banks.
- Reconciles sub-ledgers to the general ledger and assists with the monthly fluctuation analysis by ledger account in support of the monthly financial close.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate customer billing process.
- Provides accounting assistance to departmental managers and operations staff; responds to AP and financial questions/concerns to meet the business needs.
- Ensures Shared Services compliance of internal control procedures and proper segregation of duties. This includes reviewing control procedures and recommending/implementing changes and enhancements, as necessary.
- Ensures customer and vendor inquiries are dealt with correctly and efficiently by AR/AP teams in a timely manner.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly AP/AR Aging reports, ensures integrity and accuracy of records, and follows up to ensure past due balances and unvouchered items are resolved and cleared in a timely manner.
- Establishes KPIs with reporting/analysis around the efficiency, accuracy, and financial performance of AP/AR departments.
- Coordinates and/or supervises the annual 1099 reporting process to ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of 1099 forms. Ensures that proper information/ records are properly filed/maintained according to retention policies.
- Collaborates with key finance and operations business partners.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, timekeeping, and recommendations for compensation of direct reports.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent AP/AR experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP/Accounting software
- Experience with AP Digital software