Location: Pleasanton, TX
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC is currently in need of a Diesel Technicians for their location in Pleasanton, TX.
The Diesel Technician is responsible for performing diagnostic test and repairs on and off the terminal yard on company owned equipment to ensure safety.
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures
- Identify and diagnose malfunctions
- Read and interpret operating manuals, drawings and diagnostic test results by using dials, gauges, and other computer equipment
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts, such as bearings, pistons, gears, brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions and engines
- Perform routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), must possess or have access to the necessary hand tools to work on heavy trucks and diesel engines, the ability to pass drug test, criminal background investigation and hold a valid drivers licenses with a clear MVR.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, chemicals, gases, dust, fumes, and heights. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot, cold and other moderate to extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.